Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time for Me to Eat Crow!

My blog has been around for quite some time now. And now it's time for me to finally admit to being wrong about things here and there.... Here's the full list of things I was WRONG about.

  • I claimed the Lakers were the team to beat going into the 2010-11 NBA season.
  • Michael Douglas was not given a sympathy Oscar nomination for Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
  • I regretfully predicted the Giants would not reach the 2010 World Series.
  • I arrogantly predicted the Lakers would make their 4th straight NBA FInals.
  • I continued to predict the Lakers would three-peat.
  • I called the Houston Rockets serious contenders.
  • I called the Dallas Mavericks over-hyped. They won the 2011 NBA Championship.
  • Ha ha, I was so wrong about the "epic battle" of Thor versus Green Lantern. GL was a colossal failure.
  • Tomb Raider coming out in November 2011? Try Q4 2012.
  • The 49ers fixed their quarterback problem by hiring Jim Harbaugh and they did not replace Alex Smith.
  • Nate Davis was released by the 49ers and currently plays in the Arena Football League, without ever being given a chance to take the starting QB job.
  • Troy Smith was not re-signed by the 49ers and was signed as a free agent by the Pittsburgh Steelers in January 2012.
  • I incorrectly predicted the Celtics or Magic would defeat the Heat in the playoffs.
  • I claimed the Mavericks could not defeat the Spurs in the playoffs. The Spurs were trounced by the #8 seed Memphis Grizzlies.
  • I claimed Kemba Walker would be the #1 overall draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.
  • lol, I called Caius Ballad a woman. I should have known Square would design an extremely feminine looking man.
  • lol, I called Immortals a tv show, rather than a movie.
  • I wrongly predicted the Giants could contend for a 2nd consecutive World Series. They didn't even make the playoffs.
  • I wrongly predicted the winners of Best Director and Best Picture at the 83rd Academy Awards, the only awards of the Big Six I got wrong.
  • I predicted the Heat to be a 1st round exit team. Boy, was I wrong.
  • I had too much faith in Pat Riley to fire Erik Spoelstra, although I did accurately predict he would clean house and get rid of all non-contributors from the bench.
  • I again predicted the Mavericks would choke in the playoffs as they always do (which they are currently doing).
  • Arrogantly said no team could beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.... They were swept by the Mavericks.
  • The Celtics haven't fired Danny Ainge yet! I really can't explain this one, but most analysts are on my side and think Ainge is an overrated GM.
  • I was dead wrong about the Dodgers not being able to undergo a miraculous turnaround just by being sold to a new owner. Matt Kemp is the early favorite for NL MVP right now.
  • I wrongly predicted Tim Duncan would retire.
  • I wrongly predicted a Grizzlies vs Lakers Western Conference Finals and predicted the Celtics would defeat the Heat.
  • I claimed the Bulls would go to the Finals.
  • I was wrong about Mike Brown's tenure as the new coach of the Lakers. He's actually done a pretty good job.
  • In a move that nobody predicted, Dwight Howard signed an extension with the Magic through 2013.
  • I was backwards in my analysis of free agents Nene and Tyson Chandler. I claimed Chandler would remain a Maverick and Nene would be gone. The reverse eneded up being true, although the Nuggets eventually traded away Nene.
  • I really want David Stern fired as NBA commissioner. Unfortunately, just wishing it to happen doesn't cause it to happen.
  • I said the Giants would annihilate the Marlins this season. The Giants just got done losing close contests to the Marlins, who are not having a great start to their season.
I would like to comment that I accurately predicted the 49ers would finish with a 14-2 record last season, back when they were 4-1 and hadn't defeated the Detroit Lions yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment